Editors Are Worth Their Weight in Gold
One of the golden rules to a well-constructed novel is hiring an editor. There is no compromising on this, editors are essential like mother’s milk. Editors are pure genius in picking out or crutch words, plot gaps, or even provide an unbiased if the concept for the book is not working. We should also note it that not all editors are equal in qualifications, or strengths either.
Lord knows I’ve had my fair share of experiences that would make you cringe, especiallly after saving for months, and spending money on editors who were out of their league.
Be sure to research your editors! You’ll save yourself a ton of time and money.
However, this is not what this article is all about. I want to praise some of our favourite editors
So for today’s post, here’s our shortlist of editors we definitely love. This is not a full and complete list, but a full directory listing will be available in the coming weeks for your reading pleasure.
- Sue Grimshaw of Edits by Sue
- Sara of Lopt & Cropt
- Noah Chinn of Mossfoot Editing
- Deborah Nemeth of Deborah Nemeth Editing Services
- Ekatarina Sayanova of Red Quill Editing, LLC
- Victoria Miller of Victoria Miller Professional Cover Art and Editing Services
- Chelle of Literally Addicted to Detail
- Jessica Cale of Safeword Author Services
- Erica Monroe of Quillfire Author Services
- Jen Coleman of Proof Is In the Print
- JoAnne Soper-Cook*
- Sara Lunsford*
*Contact us for more information on how to get in touch.
Are you an editor who’d like to be included in the directory listing? Visit our contact page and drop us a line.